The Joint Commission
Hospital Tissue Tracking Standards
The Joint Commission is an independent, not-for-profit organization, that accredits and certifies more than 20,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States. Joint Commission accreditation and certification is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to meeting certain performance standards.
To maintain Joint Commission accreditation hospitals must follow the tissue tracking standards outlined by the Joint Commission. An overview of these tissue tracking requirements can be found here:
In 2006, Champion Medical Technologies GraftTracker® was the first tissue tracking software designed to simplify the monumental task of Joint Commission regulatory compliance. In 2010, UDITracker® was launched to track tissue grafts AND all other implantable devices. Here are a few GraftTracker® and UDITracker® features that simplify Joint Commission compliance:
- Regulatory Status of suppliers for AATB and FDA is updated and maintained in the application
- Each tissue implant receives its own unique temperature log
- Bi-directional tracking is completed when tissue implant records are sent to the supplier via email – no more forms to fill out!
- Tissue is tracked from receipt to final disposition
- Recalled tissue is automatically matched to inventory
- And many more…