Manual Processes Increase Errors, Jeopardize Patient Safety and Cost Time and Money
CHICAGO, August 18, 2014 – “Hospital OR managers face a huge opportunity to improve regulatory compliance, patient safety and the bottom line by automating their tissue tracking and medical device inventory management,” said Peter Casady, Chief Executive Officer of Champion Medical Technologies, a healthcare information technology company and parent of UDITracker®, the leading tissue tracking and medical device compliance management solutions for hospitals.
“Manual processes are inefficient and increase the chance for data entry input errors, jeopardizing compliance standards and patient safety,” said Casady. “With a single swipe of a bar code scanner, UDITracker® brings you a comprehensive solution that integrates regulatory compliance, inventory management, quality assurance and product recall inventory matching into a single, streamlined medical device implant management system.”
Visit us at booth 835 at the OR Manager Conference for a product demonstration and to learn more about the five reasons you should automate your tissue tracking compliance with UDITracker®:
1. Ensure Joint Commission Compliance UDITracker® was designed from the ground up to meet The Joint Commission Hospital & Laboratory Accreditation tissue tracking standards for simplified compliance. With UDITracker®, specifically requested reports and logs can be accessed and produced in seconds during Joint Commission site visits.
2. Save Time & Money Checking out-dates is time consuming and potentially costly in terms of very expensive implantable device products lost and staff productivity. UDITracker® automatically notifies you up to 90 days prior to the expiration date of your tissue and implantable devices.
3. Speed Up Recall Investigations Recall investigation can be time consuming. Our award-winning innovation, RecallConnect™ is the only product recall matching system in the market. Open up the program and you will find the most up-to-date recall notices from the FDA right on your desktop. In seconds, RecallConnect™ will locate all recalled items in your available inventory on the shelves and will match the recalled devices to specific patients.
4. Focus on Patients Are your circulating nurses spending time out of the OR and away from their patient when searching for a particular tissue product that may not even exist in your inventory? UDITracker® allows them to search available inventory by multiple means, including product type, product code or ID/Serial/Lot number. Search results will provide the available inventory level and location in seconds.
5. Reduce Files & Paper Hand-written forms, ledgers, spiral notebooks, temperature logs, Excel spreadsheets and supplier provided forms produce volumes of paper and electronic files. UDITracker® traces every step of your implantable device inventory, from receipt to final use or disposition in one safe, easy to access format. UDITracker® also seamlessly integrates with our RFID enabled Intelligent Enclosures – using secure access and capturing processes in real-time, giving the complete tissue and implant tracking solution.
ABOUT CHAMPION MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES Champion Medical Technologies is a privately held, healthcare information technology company and leader in implantable medical device inventory management solutions for hospitals. Champion’s flagship system UDITracker® captures, documents and shares medical implant data between patient care and supply chain information systems, empowering hospitals with the insights they need to improve regulatory compliance, drive down operating costs, and to increase patient safety and overall care. UDITracker® is a comprehensive solution that integrates regulatory compliance, inventory management, quality assurance and product recall inventory matching into a single, streamlined medical device implant management system. Using barcode scanners, smartphone apps and RFID storage units, users capture data once and record accurate information to ensure patient safety and inventory cost savings and to generate business-decision making analytics and benchmarking.
UDITracker® features interoperable interfaces to most electronic health record and inventory management systems, ensuring that medical device data can be traced and tracked and information can be searched, sorted and shared within a single hospital or across a group of hospitals.
Founder and Chief Executive Officer Peter Casady established Champion Medical Technologies in 2006. Today, it serves more than 200 hospitals and major medical centers nationwide and is the market leader in tissue inventory management and compliance solutions.